So you find our list of the 8 most used 3d modeling software for 3d printing.
There was a time when 3D Modeling required expensive Software and hardware, but not anymore! Nowadays, computers are incorporated with various 3D printing software to print complex designs and geometries.
There are various free and inexpensive tools available in the market which you can easily use in designing buildings, animation, manufacturing, etc.
So you must be wondering how I can choose the best 3D modeling software with so many options available in the market. Chill, we help you choose the best 3D modeling software; we have researched various Software available in the market and listed below the best 3D modeling software for 3D printing.
So let’s get started.
8 Professional and Best 3D Modeling Software for 3D Printing
- Fusion 360
- Cinema 4D
- 3D Slash
Let’s explore all these 3D Modeling Software one by one in detail.
If you are a beginner, then SelfCAD will be the best 3d modeling software for you. It is one of the simplest and most affordable cloud-based 3D modeling software where you can model, sculpt and slice your design.
Even if you don’t have prior knowledge of 3D designing, you can also create incredible designs. 3D designing tutorials are also available on SelfCAD, where you can learn awesome designs without spending too much time.
Main features of SelfCAD:
Pros of SelfCAD:
- You don’t need to learn CAD skills to use SelfCAD; that makes it beginner-friendly.
- You can find all features from beginning to end to design a 3D print in one Software. This is all in one solution.
- You can make any type of shape and design by using this Software. You just need an internet connection to make your design.
- Since it is free, important work cannot be done on this Software.
- Through customer feedback, we found that it hangs a lot.
SelfCAD is free for limited features, and SelfCAD Pro charges $14.99 per month and $139.99 per year. You are also provided with a 10-days free trial of the Pro version; after ten days, you can take a subscription of SelfCAD to gain access to all tools, or you can continue with the free version.
2. Fusion 360
It is created by Autodesk. Fusion 360 is a popular cloud-based 3D modeling software suitable for both new bees and skilled workers. It helps you to visualize your designs and test their performance quickly.
You will find design, engineering, manufacturing, and electronics under one roof.
- Data management
- Generative designs
- Free for personal use like students, startups, etc.
- It has various powerful tools that allow you to build complex structures easily.
- It has multiple tutorial videos where you can learn 3D designs.
- Since Autodesk owns it, it has a fantastic support system.
- Your workflow changes when you are in the middle of a project; it is a little annoying.
- It is a bit confusing for those who are not familiar with 3D Modeling.
Fusion 360 is free for three years for personal or hobbyist use; then, you have to take a subscription of $347 per year or $60 per month.
ZBrush is a digital sculpting and painting program that has changed the 3D industry with its advanced features and powerful tools. The main characteristics of this Software are 3D sculpting, Retopologizing, and Poly-paint.
Pixologic introduced it, and it is a treasure for today’s digital artists due to its most advanced features. Digital artists can create sculptures of their imagination by using this Software. ZBrush provides all the tools needed to design 2D or 3D quickly.
Since it is not beginner-friendly, Pixologic also introduced ZBrushCore and ZBrushCore Mini. If you are an amateur in 3D Modeling, you can use ZBrushCore and ZBrushCore Mini to create your designs.
If you are a professional designer, ZBrush will be the best choice for you to take your designs to the next level.
- You can create any type of model with high precision
- Custom brushes are available.
- Noise sculpting is available.
- Not beginner-friendly.
- It’s a bit difficult and messy.
- Not suitable for animation.
- It is expensive.
It is free for personal use, but if you want to unlock all the features, it costs $39.95 per month, six months subscription is $179.95, and a lifetime license costs $895.
SketchUp is used to create 3D designs, buildings, furniture, and much more. Due to its popularity, it has an extensive user base. SketchUp first came in 1999 by @Last Software, and in 2006 it was acquired by Google.
Sketchup came into three different versions- Sketchup Make, Sketchup Pro, and Sketchup Free.
You can download Sketchup Make from the play store and use it for free. It is mainly for educational and personal use.
Sketch Pro is a paid version where you can access all the features of the application. It contains functionality like import-export files, layout tools, 2D documentation, and style builder.
After installing, you can gain access to the 30-days free trial of Sketchup Pro.
SketchUp Free is a free 3d modeling software; it has limited features. It is only used for building and viewing 3D models for personal use.
- Lightning effects
- Layer manager
- 3D and 2D models
- Quick sketching with exact measurements.
- Have rich modeling tools.
- Pull and push technology helps users to edit quickly.
- Difficult to use.
- Have less modern tools as compared to other 3D modeling software.
- It will crash while processing lots of data.
The Pro version of SketchUp costs $299 per year, and the Sketchup shop costs $119 per year; the SketchUp studio costs $699 per year.
5. Cinema 4D
Cinema 4D is a 3D software developed by Maxon. It is used for 3D computer animation, Modeling, and simulation.
It is the most smooth Software in the history of 3D Modeling. Its powerful and flexible tools make motion graphics, game development, VFX, and 3D workflow more efficient.
Cinema 4D gained a lot of attention among the designer community because of its ease of use and robust tools.
- Lens distortion support
- Motion tracker
- Better sculpting
- It can create the best-looking design in minimum time.
- Easy to use and give amazing results.
- Its free version is not available.
- According to customer feedback, it contains a few bugs.
Its free version is not available. It costs $359 per year, or you can get a 7-days free trial.
It is a web-based software that helps to create 3D objects. It is very simple to use Software even children can operate it, and it helps to teach coding and math to students—the motive of creating this Software is to help students and teachers around the world.
With the help of BlockSCAD, your students will learn better with excellent visualization; for instance, after learning codes, students can visualize them on BlockSCAD for better understanding.
It also provides excellent insight into math’s most difficult topics like 3D geometry, coordinate axes, and transformation.
- BIM modeling
- Data import/export
- Content creation
- Collaboration tools
- Good user interface.
- Better 3D visualization.
- Sometimes it crashes due to heavy files.
- The selected block cannot automatically be scaled to your drawing.
It is free for limited features. Its paid version costs $20 per student per month.
7. 3D Slash
Above all the Software mentioned above, this one is the 8 most used 3d modeling software for 3d printing. It lets you create 3D designs by using the building-block concept. The purpose of making this Software is to make 3D Modeling a child’s play; even a child can make 3D designs within 5 minutes.
3D Slash proves that 3D Modeling can be fun and does not take much of your effort and time, and at the same time, it creates productive results.
This Software has free tutorials so a beginner can quickly learn how to make designs.
- Advanced brushes
- It has an excellent user interface.
- Easy to use toolbar.
- Since this Software is mainly for new bees, designing complex shapes may be difficult.
- Sometimes it crashes due to some bugs.
- Not for professionals.
After signing up, you can use 3D Slash for free. A Premium version is also available for $2 per month for personal use and for schools; it costs $12 per month, and for professionals, it costs $20 per month.
Blender is one of the best 3D modeling software used by professionals. It is absolutely free, and anyone can make their designs.
It is used for Modeling, animation, visual effects rendering, simulation and even support video editing.
Blender is easy to learn but challenging to master. Beginners may get confused by the tools of Blender so if you are new to 3D Modeling, then consider other Software to start.
- Video editing
- Grease pencil
- It is free for all.
- Any type of animation can be made by using this Software.
- Tons of tutorials are available on youtube, so you can learn how to create designs in Blender.
- Not good for beginners.
- Bad user interface.
- Since it has many features, it requires a large RAM computer.
We know that Blender is a free 3d modeling software for 3d printing Software; Hence it has no price tag.
Related:- how to outsource graphic design
3D Modeling Software Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
1. What is the best 3D modeling software for a beginner?
If you are a beginner, BlockSCAD will be a good choice. You can easily model your 3D designs by using BlockSCAD. They have their Youtube channel, too, where you can learn various strategies.
2. What is the use of 3D modeling software?
There are tons of uses of 3D Modeling such as architecture, film, animation, gaming, education, even use in the medical industry, and much more!
3. What is the difference between 3D Modeling and 3D rendering?
3D Modeling is the method of creating a 3D representation of an object using 3D modeling software. 3D rendering is a method of converting 3D models into 2D by using computer graphics.
Before you go
Congratulations! Now you can easily choose which Software is best for your 3D Modeling projects, Or you can explore the benefits of outsourcing 3D modeling and rendering services.
Let us know which 3D modeling software you are planning to use in the comment section below.