Your job description is the first interaction between your company and your new recruit. A good job description is critical for attracting suitable candidates.
With millions of people looking for jobs on various platforms like Monster, Glassdoor and LinkedIn each month, a great job description can help you find the most qualified candidates for your open position.
Accounting virtual assistant jobs are to support the accounting department by monitoring daily communications and answering any queries, preparing statutory accounts, working with spreadsheets, sales, and purchase ledgers and journals, recording and filing cash transactions, and other duties.
Here are some accounting virtual assistant job description samples to get you started with senior and junior accounts job positions.
Accounting virtual assistant Job description sample 1
We are searching for a skilled Accounting Virtual Assistant who is a multitasker with good communication skills. Accounting Assistants should assist the Accounting department with data entry, audits or fact-checking, processing, updating the ledger and recording transactions, and preparing budgets and reports.
It would help if you were accurate and honest with excellent bookkeeping skills.
It would help if you had a positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently as possible, and excellent time management skills. If you are hard-working and dedicated, this is a perfect place to get ahead.
Accounting Virtual Assistant Responsibilities
- Assist the Accounting Department.
- Performing basic office work, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, etc.
- Handling clients via phone, messages, and email.
- Should take care of transactions, issuing checks, updating ledgers, etc.
- Analyze financial information to identify discrepancies.
- Maintain confidentiality of all financial data.
Accounting Assistant Requirements
- At a minimum, an Associate’s degree in a related field.
- 1-3 years of hands-on accounting experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, excel, and good typing skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with fundamental accounting principles.
- Professional manner and a robust ethical code.
- Ability to remain motivated and positive.
- Ability to work independently on assigned duties.
Our company is looking for a responsible accounting virtual assistant to assist the CFO and other accounting team members with day-to-day tasks.
The candidate will have exceptional organizational and time management skills and experience working successfully in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include maintaining daily worksheets, managing expense reports and reimbursements, keeping and completing files, and reconciling invoices.
Must have exceptional communication and people skills and excellent attention to detail. Applicants with experience in a similar role are strongly encouraged to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Process vendor invoices
- Perform administrative tasks as needed
- Process reimbursement forms
- Update and maintain accounts database
- Process bills for payment
- Track and resolve accounting errors and discrepancies as needed
- Check spreadsheets for accuracy
- Prepare bank deposits
- Create and update expense reports
- Enter financial transactions into internal databases
Requirements and skills
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in the related field.
- Hands-on QuickBooks experience
- Knowledge of integrated accounting software
- Good math skills and capable of spotting numerical errors
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- Calm under pressure
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
Accounting virtual assistant job description template sample 3
Our company needs a reliable Accounting virtual Assistant who can work overtime, especially around the end of the month. The suitable candidate should be capable of learning our system with minimal supervision. They should be highly organized and have excellent time management and communication skills.
The applicant will work closely with the accounting department. The Accounting Assistant will report to the Accounts Director and work with the team to accomplish organizational goals and quotas.
If you want to join an established organization with numerous benefits, we’d love to hear from you.
Accounting Virtual Assistant responsibilities and duties
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting team.
- Prepare bank deposits, fast-check invoices, general ledger postings, and statements.
- Reconcile accounts promptly.
- Approve and process wire transfer requests
- Scan, file, and log accounting documents
- Prepare and gain approval for POs
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Obtain approval to satisfy vendor statements
- Track, Research, and restore accounting or documentation problems and disparity.
Accounting Assistant qualifications and skills
- 2+ years of accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Diploma required
- Some accounting education preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and Google Docs
- Excellent 10-key (Numpad) skills
- Typing speed minimum 50 WPM
- Proficiency with Windows operating system
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Availability for 1-2 hours overtime 5+ days per month
Accounting Virtual Assistant JD Sample 4
We are looking for a dedicated Accounting virtual assistant to work closely with our Accounting team. You have to help and assist the Accountant and Accounting Manager.
Your accounting responsibilities include managing the accounting department by organizing expense reports, keeping the record of transactions, updating the ledger, etc.
You should communicate and be responsible, competent, and well organized. Are you willing to join as a virtual accounting Accountant? To apply for the job, we would love to hear from you.
- High school diploma.
- Bachelor’s degree in the respective field.
- Certificates in virtual accounting assistant is a plus.
- Able to perform data entry.
Accounts virtual Assistant Work Duties / Responsibilities
- Monitoring daily communications and answering calls.
- Preparing legal accounts.
- Ensuring payments, amounts, and records are correct.
- Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase logs, and journals.
- Recording all cash transactions.
- Controlling credit and chasing debt.
- Invoice processing and filing.
- Contact third-party providers, clients, and suppliers.
- Updating and maintaining procedural documentation.
- Processing expense requests for the accountant to approve.
Related Accounting Virtual Assistant FAQs
What are the duties of an accounting assistant?
An accounting assistant is an individual who may work with an independent accountant or as part of an accounting team in a more prominent firm.
It involves daily bookkeeping, preparing statutory accounts, working with spreadsheets, sales, purchase ledgers and journals, recording and filing cash transactions, and file maintenance.
It may also involve assisting customers or doing other office work and file maintenance.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Accounting Virtual Assistant?
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Accounting Department, performing basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, and handling communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, in-person, etc.
What makes a Good Accounting Virtual Assistant?
A successful Accounting Assistant must have excellent attention to detail, and verbal and written communication skills are required.
They should also have computer literacy for this position’s work environment. Managing various workload volumes is also essential, as that might fluctuate daily.
In a nutshell
A good job description will help companies find the best potential accounting virtual assistant. This also simplifies the hiring process and builds a common understanding between the employer and the candidate.
With the help of the VA job description, the candidate understands what is expected from his side, thereby preparing for the further rounds.
So are you the right candidate? The Accounting Assistant job description will answer all your questions.