Virtual assistants are a new form of workforce that has emerged in the last decade. They can cover a wide range of roles, from administrative tasks to customer service and much more.
Virtual assistants are in high demand, and this trend does not seem like it’s going to slow down anytime soon, therefore anyone looking to hire a VA or a team of VAs should prepare to stand out from the crowd with their job description post.
The job description templates used by employers should be chosen wisely and intently so as to convey a complete picture of the ideal VA candidate and also allow the candidate to peek a little into the company culture.
The job description templates should provide a detailed list of what the VA will be responsible for and any information about their daily tasks, virtual assistant requirements and qualifications.
Here are two types of templates that you can use to advertise your VA jobs:
Virtual Assistant job description sample 1
Are you an enthusiastic and experienced Virtual Assistant with great multi-tasking skills and a passion for managing and organising? We have the perfect opening for you!
As a VA, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the executive and management teams. This includes managing calendars, managing corporate travel, general office supplies, human resources functions, marketing and social media and more. Think of yourself as the bridge between a company and its external vendors.
If you are a sociable, results-oriented, organised person with good regard to deadlines and no trouble with working under pressure, this is the job for you!
Responsibilities of a virtual assistant:
Virtual assistant responsibilities include:
- Assist with general administrative tasks as needed, including calendar management and creating reports.
- Respond to inquiries from guests or prospective clients.
- Manage corporate travel arrangements as needed.
- Perform various HR functions as needed – Receive and process all incoming mail – Screen phone calls – Take meeting minutes.
- Arranging social media posts and content.
- Keeping track of company expenses.
- Sending invoices for work and travel.
- Creating project plans/schedules and to-do lists for team members.
- Consistently following up on overdue tasks to ensure progress is made on time.
- Organising content for presentations and events.
- Reviewing contracts for grammar/spelling errors or inconsistencies with company policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent is needed; a college degree is a plus but not required.
- Previous experience (1-2 years) as an Assistant Manager, an Executive Assistant or PA.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a home office/virtual office environment with a reliable internet connection and proficiency with instant messaging, Teams, Skype, Zoom, and Google Suite.
- Outstanding time management, customer service, organization, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is compulsory.
- Proficiency in using MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) is expected.
Virtual Assistant job description sample 2
Welcome candidate! We’re looking for awesome new colleagues to join our fast-paced team of Virtual Assistants. Our ideal candidates are boot camp trained in organising, sharp-witted, always up for a challenge, and last but not least, a pleasure to work with.
Our clientele is made up of busy and smart professionals who need help occasionally but don’t know where to start. Our job, as VA, is to identify the ways in which we can help and make their lives easier. Because of that, our strongest suit is a good brainstorming session that will provide sought-after solutions rather than boringly executing orders and tasks.
A typical day working in our team might include social media management, calendaring and bookkeeping – but no worries, our team specialises in versatility. You will mostly be assigned tasks that suit your talents. If you’re good at graphics or maybe organising is your strong suit, we’ll focus on that!
Our VAs come from everywhere and are always on the move, so don’t worry about flexibility! If you have a great attitude, are super detail-oriented and just enjoy helping others, we’d love to have a chat!
We have a need for a wide variety of skills, but have found that our clients are particularly interested in VAs with copywriting, editing, graphic design, social media, and tech skills.
Apply today by sending us your resume and we will reach out for an interview!
Looking forward to hearing from you!
What we are looking for in a candidate?
Well-organized – Able to handle various projects and tasks and ensure nothing slips between the cracks.
Upbeat– Pleasant to be around and work with.
Independent and a team player – Able to get things done independently but willing to lend a helping hand to team members.
Detail oriented– you have a fine eye for details.
Innovative– you always find a way to make it work. Solution-oriented. Ability to follow processes and procedures.
Eloquent– Can communicate professionally and informally over the phone and in writing.
Tech-savvy – able to quickly learn new software tools.
Depending on the approach you adopt in your job description and requirements section you might attract different types of candidates. If you want a modern, casual approach you might consider sample no.2 or if you prefer a more classic, more formal direction you should go with sample no.1.
A VA job description post should reflect the qualities of your business, be it formal or friendly and casual.
Choosing a hybrid version is also possible, just let us know what kind of image you’d like to put out and we will create something to be the perfect fit for you and your business.
Invedus is a prime virtual assistant company in India that believes in providing its customers and clients with all the help needed in the best virtual assistant services.
Related Job Descriptions
- Digital Marketing Virtual Assistant JD
- eCommerce Virtual Assistant Job Description
- Accounting Virtual Assistant Job Description
- Social Media Virtual Assistant Job Description
- Virtual Real Estate Assistant Job Description
Yash is a virtual marketing assistant with a passion for creating content in the digital and IT space. With a keen eye for detail and a knack for communication, Yash has helped numerous clients to enhance their online presence and reach their target audience. When not busy crafting marketing strategies, Yash enjoys staying up-to-date with the latest trends in the world of technology.