You may be familiar with the concept of frameworks if you’ve ever played the popular word game Mad Libs. Instead of starting from scratch, you are given the structure of the story with various areas to customize.
This saves you the time because you’re repurposing a template for your needs or, in the case of Mad Libs, for your entertainment.
You don’t have to write code for every particular feature from scratch every time you build an application. You can instead expand on an existing feature set.
The rules and guidelines also aid in the shaping and organization of your website or web application! Consider a potter’s wheel, which allows you to create pots.
The potter’s wheel is your framework; it has certain consistencies with which you must work. The wheel spins, and you can use that rotation to make various shapes and sizes of pots. Pots, plates, cups, bowls, and even cylindrical sculptures can be created. But you can’t use it to build a house; you’ll need to find a different framework for that.
The advantage of using a JS framework over a jQuery library is the former’s overall efficiency.
The framework ensures that new code is neatly structured and fits perfectly with the existing code on your site.
Aside from that, it offers ready-made solutions to various common JS coding issues.
Angular and React are among the two popular web frameworks today. Framework Angular is the successor to AngularJS and reflects years of research and development.
- This framework includes dependency injection, templates, forms, and powerful web component development tools.
- Pre-rendering content on the server improves SEO and speeds up browsing.
- Developers prefer AngularJS because its code can be reused for both mobile and desktop apps.
Read Also- Best mobile app development frameworks
As previously stated, React’s developers refer to it as a library. While some argue that it is a framework, the name does reflect React’s design aesthetic.
When compared to its competitors, the authors designed it to give you more freedom in how you structure your app.
- React Native makes it easy to port your web application to mobile and desktop devices.
- The JSX in React makes it simple to define and structure your HTML elements.
- The widespread use and adoption of React.js allow your team to grow more efficiently.
Meteor.js is referred to as a “full-stack framework.” It can be used to power your web application’s back and front ends, as well as to create desktop and mobile applications.
- Meteor integrates with any database backend supported by Node.js.
- MongoDB is the most frequently used Meteor backend. The publish-subscribe protocol facilitates data synchronization between databases and GUIs.
Ember.js prioritizes getting the job done quickly. Ember is an opinionated framework that enforces what its designers believe are best practices.
This can be limiting because you’ll need to learn and follow these best practices in order to use the framework. This makes it easier to get projects started, but some people may find Ember’s opinions annoying.
- When it comes to code sharing, opinionated features often make it simple for development teams to get on the same page.
- Ember’s command-line tools are an invaluable addition to any developer’s arsenal.
- The Ember Inspector makes it simple to inspect Ember objects in your browser’s developer tools. This can be used while developing as well as debugging problems.
- Backbone is among the most developed frameworks available. It’s stable and reliable.
- This is yet another lightweight framework that sports a nominal file size.
- You can use your own templating engine or one of Backbone’s dependencies, Underscore.
Explorer – Flutter vs React Native
- It provides the ability to create rich interfaces.
So, which one?
The perfect framework for you is the one that allows you and your team to be most productive while also meeting the specific needs of your application.