A website designer is a professional responsible for designing and building a website. They must have both creative and technical skills because it will help them decide how the website looks and functions.
Whether your business is online or offline, maintaining a website for a business is mandatory in today’s world.
But probably you are wondering how much does a website design cost? Roughly a website design would cost from designing to launching Website is $10000 to $120000, you also have to regularly maintain your Website which costs $30 to $500 per month.
This article will guide you on the pricing system of Website design.
How much does a website design cost?
You can build a website by two methods- by using WordPress, and by hiring a Web designer, so the cost of Website building depends upon which way you choose to build your Website.
A simple design website from a web design agency can cost you up to $5000 to $10000; on the other hand, a complicated design costs you $20000 to $30000 and even more.
Why have website design costs increased?
Nothing is constant in this world so did the price of the Website. The costs of Website design increases every year because of the demand. In this era, the internet is a great way to reach people, so every business needs to make their Website first to approach as many people as possible.
When the internet was new, websites really didn’t matter for businesses, and they didn’t pay much for their website making, but nowadays, a website is the first consideration a business makes, due to the high demand of a website making its price increases day by day.
How much to charge for website design?
Okay, the charges of website designing depend upon the freelancer or a full-time employee.
Freelancer web designer works for many businesses and charge on an hourly basis. They charge up to $10-$30 per hour; you can hire web designers from various websites like Upwork, Freelancer, etc.
Hiring through an Outsourcing agency costs up to $15,106 to $39,576 per year. Outsourcing companies like Invedus find you a perfect website designer; they also pay for overhead like health insurance, utilities, laptops, etc.
The Right Rate for Web Designers
Web designers may charge according to hourly or per-project basis. A fresher web designer’s hourly rate is $20 per hour; this rate includes all web designers, including in-house at companies.
Hiring a freelance web designer can be expensive because of the overhead expenses. A web designer’s hourly rate may vary according to their skills and years of experience.
A skilled freelancer web designer may charge approximately $30 per hour; this rate can vary according to project demand.
According to web design experts, the cost of designing a website is $35 to $75, and the cost of developing is $90 to $150.
Freelancers make more money because they work with many clients at a time which means they are proficient in their specific skills.
How much should I charge for a website? Should I charge above or less than $70?
- Should charge comparatively less for long-term projects.
- Offer a discount to family or friends or some known.
- If you need help from a developer or another graphic designer, don’t hesitate to charge more.
- More page design requires more time and more money.
Businesses prefer web designers with a fixed rate because they know how much to pay per month.
Freelancers don’t like flat rates because they will never know how long the project will take to complete.
Here we mention some basic web design price lists:
- Website setup: $150
- Website Design and make: $5000
- Content creation: $500
- Maintenance: $500
- Total cost: $6150
Hence the average cost of Website designing by Freelancer is $6150 for the first year.
What factors affect the cost of hiring a website designer?
Further, we will discuss factors that affect the final cost of building your Website:
- How complex is your Website design plan?
- Do you want your designer just to design or build your Website, or do you also want them to handle the domains, plugins, and hosting?
- Will you need them for your Website maintenance, or do you want to do it yourself?
- Do you want the designer to make a brand new template for your Website or, do you have one?
- What characteristics do you need in your Website?
- How many pages do you want them to build?
How much do web designers charge per website?
The average cost of hiring web designers is between $450 to $5000 per Website. This rate may change according to the complexity of the project, the experience of the designer, or the number of pages to design.
According to Upwork, the cost of hiring web designers for small businesses is $2000 to $9000 per Website, and for large companies, it is $10000 to $35000 per Website.
These websites also need constant maintenance, which costs approximately $500 to $1000 per year.
A freelance website designer may charge between $500 to $5000 per Website. This cost may increase according to the difficulty level of the project. If your Website requires constant updates and maintenance, Freelancer may charge you more money. The first year of website building may require a lot more money than the later years.
How to Reduce the Cost of Hiring a Website Designer?
Now you must be thinking that spending a lot of money on a web designer is really worth it. What if you won’t get value for your money?
- If you have a little budget, you may consider hiring a part-time web designer, or you can create your Website on your own by using WordPress.
- You can also lower your cost by buying a readymade WordPress theme and asking your designer to customize it in something unique way. This is an excellent option if you don’t want a custom website and readymade templates are not exactly what you want.
- You can also hire someone on an hourly basis, expect to pay between $250 to $800 for template customization-average charge is approximately $500 for this service.
- The hiring cost depends on how much work you want them to do, like adding a header image, creating a fixed navigation bar, moving a logo, changing layout design, etc. So learn some new skills and do these work by yourself.
But Before You Start
Building a website must be a big and exciting decision for you, but don’t expect too big too soon. “Patience is the key to success.”
Here we mention some tips to help you build a good website at a lower price:
Many people make mistakes when they build a Website the first time because of a lack of practice. So keep practicing; there are many free apps available online like WordPress, where you can build your skills.
It can be possible that you may have big plans for your Website. You want your Website to be fancy, have complex programming, attractive features, interactive elements but be realistic; a new website does not match the levels of big companies like Google or Facebook. This doesn’t mean that you will wind up making a boring site- it just means that you have to spend your money and time wisely.
So take one step at a time, first set achievable goals; it will help you to take a lot of pressure.
Ask the Right Questions
There are several questions you have to ask yourself before making a website. These are:
- What is my budget for the Website?
- Do I want someone to manage my Website?
- What features do I need for my Website?
- Do I handle the technical side by myself?
By getting answers to these questions, you will get the answer to our main question, how much do web designers charge?
In this “A Web design pricing guide article, we have covered the cost of making a website by hiring a professional web designer. We are sure that you get a clearer idea of the pricing system of a website design. Now you can figure out what kind of website designer suits your budget.
If you hire a professional website designer, spend time and money building your Website; it will eventually help you make money.